Has an app suddenly disappeared from your Samsung smart TV? Are you unable to find the App Store on your TV? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we will provide you with simple solutions to get your apps back on your Samsung TV. Let’s explore different ways to fix the issue of missing apps or the App Store on your Samsung smart TV.
1. Restart Your TV
The first and easiest solution is to restart your TV. Sometimes, a minor bug can make the app disappear from your TV, and a simple restart can bring it back. Unplug your TV for a few seconds and then plug it back in to restart it. Alternatively, you can hold the Power button on your TV remote until it restarts.
2. Add the App to the Home Screen
If you cannot find your favorite app on your Samsung TV’s home screen, it might have been removed. However, you can easily add it back by following these steps:
- On your Samsung TV’s home screen, navigate to the Apps section and press the Select button to open the App Store.
- Select the Settings icon at the top-right corner.
- Find the app you want to put on the home screen.
- Scroll down and select “Add to home.”
- Choose the position on the home screen where you want to place the app using the navigation buttons.
3. Check for Unsupported Apps
If you have an older Samsung smart TV, there’s a possibility that the app you’re looking for is no longer supported. Check the official page of the app to see if it is compatible with your TV.
4. Reinstall the App
It’s possible that you may have accidentally uninstalled the app from your Samsung smart TV. You can easily bring it back by reinstalling it:
- Select the Apps option on the home screen of your TV.
- Use the search function to find the app you want to install.
- Select the app and press the Install button to download it on your TV.
5. Run Device Care
Samsung offers a native feature called Device Care that can detect and fix problems on your TV. Running Device Care might help bring back missing apps or the App Store. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Settings on your Samsung TV.
- Go to Support and then Device Care.
- Select Start Device Care and wait for the process to finish.
6. Clear the App’s Cache
If you’re unable to add the app to the home screen, try clearing the app’s cache:
- Go to Settings > Support > Device Care.
- Select Manage storage.
- Find the app whose cache you want to clear and select View details.
- Tap on Clear cache.
- Restart your TV after clearing the app’s cache.
7. Update Your TV’s Software
Sometimes, an app or the App Store may go missing due to a software bug on your TV. Make sure your TV’s software is up to date by following these steps:
- Go to Settings > Support > Software Update.
- Select Update now.
8. Reset Smart Hub
If none of the above solutions work, you can try resetting Smart Hub. This will uninstall all installed apps, remove accounts from apps, and reset Smart Hub settings to factory default. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Settings on your TV and go to Support followed by Device Care.
- Select Self Diagnosis.
- Choose Reset Smart Hub.
- Enter the PIN (default is 0000) to confirm the reset.
9. Restore Your TV to Factory Settings
As a last resort, you can reset your Samsung smart TV to its factory settings. This will delete all apps and accounts, and you will need to set up your TV from scratch. To reset your TV, go to Settings > General > Reset.
Once you’ve resolved the issue and restored your missing apps, you can also learn how to view photos from your mobile device on your Samsung smart TV. Additionally, check out our recommendations for the best apps for Samsung TV.
With these easy solutions, you can get your missing apps back on your Samsung smart TV in no time. Enjoy your favorite apps and make the most out of your TV experience!