If you’ve forgotten your Wi-Fi password and need to connect a new device to your network, you might think that resetting your Wi-Fi router is the only solution. However, there’s an easier way to find the Wi-Fi password using your Samsung phone.
In this article, we’ll show you how to view Wi-Fi passwords on Samsung Galaxy phones without having to go through the hassle of resetting your router.
How to Find Wi-Fi Password on Samsung
Samsung doesn’t provide a built-in feature to view Wi-Fi passwords directly. However, there’s a simple workaround that involves generating a QR code for your Wi-Fi network and scanning it to reveal the password. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Download the QR Code of the Wi-Fi
To generate and download the QR code for your Wi-Fi network on your Samsung phone, follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Go to Connections and then tap on Wi-Fi.
- Connect to the Wi-Fi network whose password you want to know.
- Tap on the cog-shaped icon next to the currently connected network.
- Press the QR code button at the bottom to view your Wi-Fi’s QR code.
- Tap on Save as image to download the QR code to your phone. The QR code will be saved in the gallery app.
2. Scan the QR Code to View the Password
Once you’ve saved the Wi-Fi QR code to your Samsung phone, you can use various methods to scan it and reveal the password. Here are a few options:
Using Google Lens
Google Lens is pre-installed on all Android phones, including Samsung Galaxy phones. Here’s how you can use it to scan the QR code:
- Open the Google app on your phone.
- Tap on the Google Lens icon in the search bar. If the Google search bar widget is on your home screen, you can access Google Lens from there too.
- Your recent images will appear at the bottom. Select the one with the QR code of your Wi-Fi.
- Google Lens will scan the QR code and display the Wi-Fi password in text form.
Using Google Photos
Google Photos is another pre-installed app on Samsung Galaxy phones that can be used to scan the QR code and view the Wi-Fi password. Here’s how:
- Open the Google Photos app on your Samsung phone.
- Tap on the Library tab at the bottom and open the folder containing the QR code image.
- Tap on the image to view it in full-screen mode.
- Press the Lens button at the bottom to scan the image. Google Photos’ Lens feature will reveal your Wi-Fi password.
Using Online Tools
If the above methods don’t work for you, there are free online tools available to scan the QR code and view the Wi-Fi password. Follow these steps:
- Open webqr.com in your phone’s browser.
- Tap on the Camera icon and then select Choose File.
- Choose the QR code image you downloaded earlier.
- The website will quickly scan the QR code and display the Wi-Fi password on your Samsung phone. Look for the text after the letter “P“.
If you’re not using a Samsung Galaxy phone, don’t worry. You can also view Wi-Fi passwords from a Windows or Mac computer. Additionally, check out our recommended apps for sharing Wi-Fi passwords between different phones.
With these simple steps, you can easily view Wi-Fi passwords on your Samsung Galaxy phone without the need to reset your Wi-Fi router. Enjoy the convenience of connecting new devices to your network without any hassle!