Isn’t it frustrating when your Android or iPhone starts answering phone calls automatically? This not only puts your privacy at risk but also leads to awkward situations.
Whether your phone answers calls when connected to a Bluetooth device, in your pocket, or you simply want more control over your calls, here are some tips to help you prevent automatic call answering.
Ways to Disable the Auto Answer on the iPhone
If your iPhone is answering incoming phone calls automatically, it may be because you have enabled the Auto-Answer Calls option. Here’s how you can turn it off:
- On the home screen of your iPhone, select the Settings app.
- After that, scroll to the Accessibility menu. [Accessibility was removed from the General option]
- Now, scroll to and tap the Touch option. Then finally locate the Call Audio Routing option.
- Next, Choose what you want calling route first; Automatic is the default. Toggle Auto-Answer Calls now. To turn it on, select it and select Enable toggle [Green]. After the seconds you set here, you will see the timer for that without having to touch the phone.
How to Stop Android From Answering Phone Calls Automatically
Google Pixel phones lack the auto-answer capability seen on iPhones, but Android phones from Samsung, Xiaomi, and other well-known manufacturers do.
To turn off the automatic answering feature on your Samsung Galaxy phone, for instance, take the following actions:
- Open the Phone app, tap the three-dot menu in the top right corner, and select Settings.
- Tap on Answering and ending calls.
- Turn off the Answer automatically option.
You can follow similar steps on other Android phones to turn off the auto-answer feature.
Check Bluetooth Connections
If your Android or iPhone is linked to a Bluetooth earphone or timepiece, that could be another reason why it answers calls on its own.
Disconnecting unused Bluetooth devices is the easiest way to prevent this. That is how you do it.
- Open the Settings app and tap on Bluetooth.
- Tap the info icon next to your paired device and select Disconnect.
- Open the Settings app and head to Connections > Bluetooth.
- Tap on your Bluetooth device and select the Disconnect option at the bottom.
Reset Your Phone
If your phone continues to answer calls automatically, you can try resetting it as a last resort. This will restore all network settings and preferences to their factory defaults without affecting your personal files:
- Open the Settings app, tap on General management, and select Reset.
- Choose the Reset all settings option and confirm the action.
- Open the Settings app and go to General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Tap Reset at the bottom and select Reset All Settings.
Once your phone resets, the issue should be resolved.
Can I stop receiving calls on my phone without turning on airplane mode?
Yes, you can prevent incoming calls on your Android or iPhone by activating Focus or Do Not Disturb mode. Check out our guide on ways to stop incoming calls without blocking or using airplane mode.
How do I enable caller name announcements on my phone?
To make your Android announce the name of the caller, open the Phone app settings and enable the Caller ID announcement option. On an iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Announce Calls and select Always.
Don’t let your Android or iPhone answer phone calls without your permission. Follow these tips to regain control over your calls and enjoy a more private and hassle-free experience.