WhatsApp recently introduced a new feature called Communities, which allows users to create a community with multiple groups and send messages to all community members at once. If you have created a Community and want to invite someone to join, here is a simple guide to help you out.
Inviting to a WhatsApp Community on iOS
WhatsApp Communities is now available on both iOS and Android. Here’s how you can invite someone to your Community on iOS:
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone.
- Tap on the “Communities” tab at the bottom of the screen. Select the Community to which you want to invite someone.
- Once the Community opens, tap on “View Members” to access more options.
- Tap on “Invite to Community via Link.”
- A new page with an invite link will appear. Tap on “Send Link via WhatsApp.”
- Type the name of the contact you want to invite and select it. Tap on “Send.”
Pro Tip: If you want to invite someone who is not in your WhatsApp contact list, you can also choose to “Share Link” or “Copy Link.”
Inviting to a WhatsApp Community on Android
If you use WhatsApp on an Android device, follow these steps to invite someone to your Community:
- Open WhatsApp on your Android smartphone.
- Tap on the “Communities” tab next to Chats. Select the Community you want to invite someone to.
- In the Communities page, tap on “Invite members.”
- Tap on “Send link via WhatsApp” to invite someone from your contact list.
- Select a contact from the list and tap on the green arrow button.
- The person’s chat will open with an invite for the community. Tap on “Send” to send them the invite.
Pro Tip: If the person is not in your recent chats or frequently contacted, you can search for them by tapping on the magnifying glass icon.
WhatsApp Communities is a new feature that simplifies group organization. You can create communities for your neighborhood, school, society, and more, all within WhatsApp. Make the most of this feature and explore its possibilities.
Want to learn more about managing WhatsApp Community admins? Check out our in-depth guide on how to manage them on both desktop and mobile.