If you’re a Fitbit user who also wants to utilize the features of Google Fit and Google Calendar, you may be disappointed to find out that these services do not naturally sync with each other. However, there are third-party apps available that can help you achieve this synchronization. In this article, we will explore how to sync Fitbit with Google Fit and Google Calendar.
Syncing Fitbit With Google Fit
To sync Fitbit with Google Fit, you can use an app called FitToFit, which is only available for Android users. This app not only allows you to sync both services but also enables you to transfer your old Fitbit data to the Google Fit app. However, please note that you can only transfer data for the past 7 days. Before transferring, make sure to delete any existing Google Fit data to avoid duplication.
- Download and install the FitToFit app from the Play Store and open it.
- Tap on the “Login with Fitbit” button and log in to your Fitbit account. Grant permission for FitToFit to access your Fitbit data.
- Select your Google account and allow FitToFit to add data to Google Fit.
- Enable the toggle for the data you want to share from Fitbit to Google Fit.
- Tap on “Transfer Data” on the FitToFit homepage, select the time period, and start the transfer process.
- Once the data transfer is complete, you can check your old Fitbit data in the Google Fit app on your Android phone.
Additionally, you can enable autosync to automatically sync data between Google Fit and Fitbit. To do this, tap on the “Autosync disabled” option and enable it in the pop-up.
Syncing Fitbit With Google Calendar
To sync Google Calendar with Fitbit, allowing you to receive event notifications on your Fitbit smartwatch, follow these steps:
- Open the Fitbit app on your device and tap on the profile icon at the top left corner.
- Select the Fitbit device you want to sync with Google Calendar.
- On the device page, choose the “Gallery” option at the top.
- Scroll down and select “Agenda” from the My Apps list.
- Tap on “Permissions” and enable the toggle for “Select All”.
- Grant Fitbit access to your Calendar by tapping on “Allow” in the pop-up.
- Go back to the device page and select the “Notifications” option. Choose “Calendar events”.
- If you have multiple calendar apps installed, select the Google Calendar app as the default calendar app.
Now, you should start receiving Google Calendar event notifications on your Fitbit device. You can also access your upcoming events by opening the Agenda app on your Fitbit.
For further customization, you can navigate to Gallery > Agenda > Settings to choose which calendar events to display and customize the color of the events.
Fitbit and Google Integration
Apart from syncing with Google Fit and Google Calendar, Fitbit also offers integration with Alexa and Google Assistant. By connecting your Fitbit account to these digital assistants, you can access your fitness data effortlessly. To do this:
- Open the Google app and tap on the profile icon.
- Go to Settings > Google Assistant > Wellness > Activity.
- Tap on the “Connect” option below Fitbit and log in to your Fitbit account.
By following these steps, you can enjoy a seamless integration between Fitbit and Google services, enhancing your fitness tracking and event management experience.