When it comes to images, one size does not fit all. Whether you want to post an image on Instagram or add it to your presentation, you may be required to resize your images from time to time. That’s where Canva comes in. Popular for making logos and watermarks, Canva also has a handy image editor that lets you resize images with ease. In this guide, we’ll cover how to resize images in Canva on both mobile and PC. So, let’s get started.
How to Resize Image in Canva on PC
If you’re using Canva on your PC, follow the steps below to resize an image.
- Open your preferred web browser and navigate to Canva.
- Click on the “Create a design” button at the top and choose the “Edit photo” option from the menu.
- Upload the image from your PC and click on the “Edit Photo” option. This will open your image in a project window.
- Click on the “Resize” tool at the top and you’ll be presented with a bunch of resizing options. Under “Custom size”, you can enter your preferred sizes in the width and height field. Optionally, you can change the unit to be in pixels, inches, millimeters, or centimeters too.
- Select a size option and click on the “Resize” button to change the dimensions of your image.
If resizing the image has cropped out a part of your image that you intend to keep, you can also make minor adjustments to your image. To do that, click on the “Crop” option from the toolbar.
Now move your image to your liking and click on “Done”.
How to Resize Images in Bulk in Canva
Probably the best part about resizing your images in Canva is that you can create multiple copies of your image in different sizes in a few clicks.
To do that, expand the Resize tool and check all the sizes that you want. Then hit “Copy & resize”.
And that’s about it. Your images with different sizes will appear in separate tabs. From there, you’re all set to download them.
Click on the “Download” button in the upper right corner and use the drop-down menu under “File type” to pick from the available formats. Lastly, click on the “Download” button to get a copy of your image.
How to Resize Image in Canva Mobile App
Whether you use Canva on an Android or an iPhone, resizing your images is somewhat a similar experience. Read on to learn how.
- Launch the Canva app on your phone. Tap on the Plus icon in the bottom right corner and select the “Edit photo” option.
- Select your preferred size to start with and tap on “Create”.
- Now tap on the three-dot menu icon in the top right corner and select “Resize” from the list.
- Here, you can either enter your preferred custom size or scroll through to choose from the available sizes. Lastly, tap on “Resize”.
- Once done, you can use frames on the sides of the image to crop it to your liking.
- Lastly, to save your images, tap on the download icon at the top, select your preferred file type, and hit “Download”.
How to Resize Image in Canva for Free
While the above methods are pretty convenient and straightforward, they do require you to be logged in with a Canva Pro account. So, is there a way to resize images in Canva for free? Well, the answer is Yes. We’ve found a workaround that can help you resize images in Canva for free.
- Open up your preferred web browser and navigate to Canva.
- Click on the “Create a design” button and click on the “Custom Size” option.
- Now enter your preferred size for the image in the “Width” and “Height” field. Then click on “Create new design”.
- Switch to the Uploads tab on your left and click on the “Upload media” to upload your image.
- Once uploaded, drag and drop the image in your template. Then Save your image using the “Download” button.
Similarly, if you’re using Canva on your Android or iPhone, here’s how to use it to resize images for free.
- Launch the Canva app on your phone. Tap on the Plus icon in the bottom right corner and select the “Custom size” option.
- Enter a custom size for the image in the “Width” and “Height” field. Then tap on “Create new design”.
- Tap on the Plus icon in the bottom left corner and navigate to the Uploads tab. Tap on the “Upload media” button to upload your image.
- Once uploaded, tap on the image to add it to your template. Now use the borders around it to resize your image to fit the template.
- Lastly, hit the download icon at the top to save your image.
Can I resize images in bulk in Canva?
Yes, but only if you’re using it on a PC. Unfortunately, Canva’s bulk resizing capabilities are not available in its mobile app for now.
In conclusion, whether you want to resize a single image or a bunch of them at once, Canva has all the options you need. Besides resizing, Canva also lets you remove the background from images or create eye-catching GIFs from them.