Discord is continuously growing with new users and features, and one feature that stands out is the ability to switch between accounts. Whether you use multiple accounts for personal or professional purposes, Discord makes it easy to manage them all. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of switching between accounts on Discord.
How to Switch Between Accounts on Discord
If you’re using the Discord desktop app or web app, the process is quite simple. Before we begin, make sure you have both Discord accounts ready as you cannot create one in-between.
If you don’t have a second account already, visit the Discord register page and create one by providing your email ID, username, password, and date of birth. Once done, click on “Continue” to create the account.
Now open Discord on the desktop app or in your browser and log in with your primary account if you haven’t already.
Click on your avatar icon in the bottom left corner next to your username.
In the menu that appears, hover over the “Switch Accounts” option.
Select “Manage Accounts” in the sub-menu.
In the pop-up window, click on “Add an account.”
Enter the email or phone number and password for your secondary account, then click on “Continue.”
That’s it! You should now be logged in to your second Discord account. To switch between accounts in the future, simply click on your avatar, hover over “Switch Accounts,” and select the account you want to switch to from the sub-menu. You will be instantly logged in without having to enter your credentials again.
To remove an account, click on your avatar, hover over the “Switch Accounts” option, and select “Manage Accounts.” In the pop-up window, click on the three-dot menu icon next to the account you want to remove and choose “Log out.”
How to Switch Between Accounts on Discord Mobile
Unfortunately, Discord’s account switching feature is not yet available on the smartphone app. However, there is a workaround that allows you to access the same feature using Discord in a mobile browser.
Open Discord in a mobile browser by visiting the Discord website. If you’re not logged in, do so now.
Just like on the desktop, tap on the profile icon and click on “Switch Accounts.”
Tap on “Add account” and log in to your secondary Discord account.
That’s it! You have successfully added another account and can easily switch between your Discord accounts. However, please note that using Discord in a mobile browser may not offer the optimal user experience. Some pages may not scale properly, pop-ups might not work as expected, and you may encounter other issues. Refreshing the page can often resolve these problems.
At present, using a Discord client app can result in your account being blocked for violating the terms and conditions. Therefore, using Discord in a mobile browser is currently the most reliable method for switching between accounts.
How to Switch Between Accounts on Discord Mobile App?
- As of now, this feature is only available on the desktop and web app. While there is no news about mobile apps, some Android OEMs offer a dual app feature that allows you to clone the Discord app, enabling you to use two accounts simultaneously without the need to constantly log in and out.
How Many Accounts Can You Use With Discord’s Account Switcher?
- You can use up to 5 accounts. The “add an account” option will appear in the Account Switcher once you reach the maximum limit.
Can Your Friends See Your Other Discord Accounts?
- No, there is no connection between your different Discord accounts. Switching between accounts does not reveal the other accounts to other users.
Will This Feature Affect My Privacy Settings on Any Account?
- No, the privacy settings for each account remain separate. Changes to the privacy settings of one account will not impact the settings of another account.
Does Violating Discord Terms and Conditions Affect My Other Discord Accounts?
- Discord may take action against all accounts associated with the same user if a violation is detected. While using the account switcher itself does not have any impact on other Discord accounts, Discord may take action if they suspect that multiple accounts belong to the same user based on shared details such as name and date of birth.
Discord Account Switcher
While Discord’s account switching feature is a welcome addition to the desktop and web apps, it would be even more beneficial for mobile users. Although you can switch accounts using the Discord web app in a mobile browser, the user experience may not be as seamless. Additionally, be sure to check out our guide on how to log in to Discord without a verification code for added convenience.