Twitter Tips (previously known as Tips Jar) is a fantastic feature that allows you to directly send tips to your favorite creators on the platform. It has gained popularity as Twitter aims to connect people with their beloved creators. Whether you’re an Android or iOS user, setting up Tips on Twitter is a breeze. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the simple steps to get started.
Setting Up Twitter Tips on Mobile
Tips is currently available only on mobile platforms, specifically Android and iOS, for users who are 18 years and above. The process for setting up Tips is almost identical on both platforms, but we’ll be using Android for this guide. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the Twitter app on your smartphone. Tap on your profile picture located on the top left of the screen, then tap on the “Profile” button.
- Your Twitter profile will appear. Tap on “Edit profile.” On the Edit Profile page, scroll down to the end and tap on “Tips” to open it.
- A quick banner will appear explaining how Tips works. Scroll down to the bottom and tap on “I Agree.” This will take you to the tips page.
- Toggle on the “Allow tips” switch. All the available payment modes will appear under “More payment options.” Choose the payment method through which you want to receive tips. For example, let’s select “Bitcoin address.”
Note: The supported payment options may vary from region to region, but they may include Bandcamp, Barter, Cash App, Chipper, Ethereum and Bitcoin address, Paga, Patreon, PayTM, Razorpay, Wealthsimple Cash, and Venmo.
- Tap on “Enter your bitcoin address.” Copy your Bitcoin address from your desired wallet and paste it here. Then, tap on “Save.” You will be taken back to the Tips page.
- Now you can see the updated payment address under “More payment options.” Tap on the back arrow (arrow pointing left) in the top left corner of the screen. You should now see the “Tips button” on your profile, indicating that Tips has been successfully set up. Your profile is now ready to accept tips from other Twitter users.
Whenever someone visits your Twitter profile and taps on the Tips button, they will see the list of payment options you have set up. Clicking on a payment option will redirect users to the respective app to complete the payment. Tapping on Bitcoin or Ethereum addresses will copy the address, allowing users to paste it in their preferred crypto app.
What percentage of the tip will the creator receive?
- Twitter will not take any cut from the tip, which means the creator will receive 100% of the payment made.
Where is Tips available?
- Tips is available on both Android and iOS platforms and is accessible in all countries.
How much can you tip?
- There is no limit to how much you can tip on Twitter. However, the payment gateway you have selected may impose some restrictions based on the laws of the land.
Can only Twitter followers tip?
- No, it is not necessary to follow a profile in order to tip them or receive tips from them.
Now that you’ve successfully set up Tips on Twitter, you can start enjoying the benefits of this excellent feature. We wish you a happy online earning journey! Additionally, Twitter recently launched another feature called Twitter Circle, which allows you to control who among your followers can read your tweets. It’s a much-needed privacy feature that you might find useful.