WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps around, and if you’re like me, you probably use it to stay in touch with friends and family. But wouldn’t it be convenient to have quick access to WhatsApp right from your home screen? Well, in this article, I’ll show you how to add the WhatsApp app icon to your home screen on various devices and platforms.
How to Add WhatsApp App Icon to Android Phone’s Home Screen
- Go to your phone’s home screen and swipe up to open the app drawer.
- Scroll down until you find the WhatsApp app icon.
- Touch and hold the WhatsApp icon, then drag it upwards to the home screen. Place it wherever you want.
How to Add WhatsApp Icon to Samsung Galaxy Phone’s Home Screen
- Open the app drawer on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Find the WhatsApp app icon and touch and hold it until a menu appears.
- Tap on “Add to home” or drag the app icon upwards to place it on the home screen.
How to Add WhatsApp App Icon to Lock Screen (Samsung)
If you want to access WhatsApp directly from your lock screen on Samsung Galaxy phones, follow these steps:
- Open “Settings” on your Samsung Galaxy phone.
- Go to “Lock Screen” and then “Shortcuts”.
- Enable the toggle next to “Shortcuts” and tap on the left or right shortcut.
- Select WhatsApp from the list of apps.
How to Add WhatsApp App Icon to iPhone’s Home Screen
- Swipe left multiple times on your iPhone until you see the App Library.
- Look for the WhatsApp icon in the Social folder. If you don’t see it, tap on the four app icons in the Social folder to open it.
- Touch and hold the WhatsApp app icon, then drag it upwards to the home screen.
How to Add WhatsApp App Icon to Desktop (Windows)
If you’re using WhatsApp on your Windows computer, you can add the app icon to your desktop for quick access:
- Install the WhatsApp desktop app on your Windows computer.
- Click on the search icon in the taskbar and type “WhatsApp”.
- Right-click on the WhatsApp icon and select “Open File location”.
- In the new window, right-click on the WhatsApp icon and go to “Send to > Desktop (Create shortcut)”.
How to Pin WhatsApp App Icon on Windows Taskbar
To have access to the WhatsApp app icon from any screen on your Windows computer, you can pin it to the taskbar:
- Click on the search bar at the bottom of your Windows computer and search for WhatsApp.
- Right-click on the WhatsApp app icon and select “Pin to taskbar”.
How to Pin WhatsApp App Icon on Chromebook’s Home Screen
On Chromebooks, you can’t add app icons to the desktop, but you can pin them to the shelf (taskbar):
- Open the Launcher or apps screen on your Chromebook.
- Right-click on the WhatsApp app icon and select “Pin to shelf”.
How to Add WhatsApp App Icon to Home Screen on Mac
On macOS, you can add WhatsApp to the Dock for easy access:
- Launch WhatsApp using Finder on your Mac.
- Press and hold the WhatsApp app icon in the Dock and select “Options > Keep in Dock”.
Put WhatsApp Chat Icons on Your Home Screen
In addition to adding the WhatsApp app icon to your home screen, you can also put chat shortcuts for your favorite contacts:
- Check out our article on how to add WhatsApp chat icons to your home screen on Android and iPhone.
Now you can easily access WhatsApp with just a tap on your home screen, making it even more convenient to stay connected with your loved ones. Give it a try and enjoy the seamless messaging experience!