iOS 14 brought several exciting updates and features to the table during the WWDC 2020 event. Among these updates, Apple included a range of new customization options for Memojis, including 14 additional headwear, hairstyle, and age options. However, one feature that often goes unnoticed is the ability to add a face mask to your Memoji. Given the current COVID-19 pandemic and the need to wear masks, why not incorporate them into our digital personas as well? In this article, we will guide you on how to add a face mask to your Memoji in iOS 14.
How to Add a Face Mask to Memoji in iOS 14
Adding a face mask to your Memoji is a simple process. Follow these steps:
- Open your Contact App and search for the contact you wish to add a Memoji to.
- Once you find the desired contact, tap on their name to open their contact details.
- On the contact card, tap on the Edit option in the top right corner.
- You will be taken to a new screen where you can add and delete contact details. Below the default profile picture, tap on the Edit option.
- In the preview, you can quickly add Animojis and Memojis. To modify the Memoji, tap on the + sign in the circle below the Animoji option and swipe left to access the Memojis tab.
- Swipe to the extreme right to find the mask option in the Headgear section.
- Scroll to the bottom and select the face mask option. You will see it in the preview at the top. Tap Done in the top right corner when finished.
- You can expand and contract the Memoji using pinch and zoom gestures. Once you’re satisfied with the changes, tap Done in the top right corner.
- Now, every time you receive a call from that specific contact, you will be notified with a Memoji wearing a face mask.
By following these simple steps, you can easily add a face mask to your Memoji in iOS 14. Isn’t that cool?
Besides the face mask feature, Apple has also introduced seven new hairstyles, such as the top knot and man bun, as well as new headgear options like a cycling helmet, swim cap, turban, and nurse cap. Additionally, you can now choose and add age-wise characteristics to your Memojis. It’s a great way to identify your friends’ professions and add some fun to your contacts.
Stay tuned for more coverage on WWDC 2020 and keep yourself updated with iOS 14 and other Apple tips and tricks. And don’t forget to share this article with your friends so they can also add face masks and other quirky headgear to their Memojis.