Mobile and computer journalist Roland Quandt of WinFuture have leaked the first image of the 9.7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 accompanied with the S Pen that is rumored to be include with the tablet, but not integrated into it, like on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 with S Pen.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 have been leaking weekly now since the first week of 2017, and is expected to be unveiled at the Samsung Galaxy press conference on February 26, at the start of Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain, alongside the new Super AMOLED Windows 10 2-in-1 tablet Samsung Galaxy TabPro S2.
Three Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 editions have leaked in the form of Wi-Fi only and 4G LTE editions, with these carrying the model numbers SM-T820, SM-T825, and SM-T827.
— Roland Quandt (@rquandt) February 14, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 news:
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Confirmed With S Pen, USB Type C, Quick Charge
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Feature AKG Speakers
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Rumored To Bundle With S Pen – Additional SM-T827 Model Now Wi-Fi Certified Too
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T825) Just Got Its 4G LTE Approved By FCC
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Specs Shows Its Similiarities With Samsung Galaxy S7 Smartphone (4GB RAM, UFS 2.0, 4K Camera)
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Specs Benchmarked Today For SM-T820 And SM-T825 Models (9.7)
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Rumor Of the Week Involves Faster UFS 2.0 Storage
…more on Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 specs have mainly leaked for the 4G LTE SM-T825 model, so the main question is if the processor will be the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor on all the models. The SM-T820 Wi-Fi model was certified with a 2.15 GHz processor, so it currently looks like they all share the same processor.
Leaked Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 specs include a 9.7-inch screen with 2048 x 1536 resolution on a Super AMOLED display, with included S Pen. It has Android 7.0 Nougat, 4GB of RAM, probably the same DDR4 RAM as on the Galaxy S7, and it may feature UFS 2.0 storage, with at least a 32GB model available.
It has a 12.9MP rear camera that I believe might support 4K video recording, and it has a 5MP (4.7MP) front camera. The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 speakers feature AKG audio and carry a distinctive Tuned by AKG branding on the back of the tablet.
Samsung Tab S3 has been certified with complete 2×2 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi cover and Bluetooth 4.2 as well, and should remain the thinnest and lightest Android tablet in class, based on the 5.6 mm thickness and 389 grams of the predecessor.
There were talks about USB Type-C, fast charge, and UFS 2.0 in January, but the current leaks can neither verify nor challenge these talks.
– Tom Bowen