If you want the fastest tablet as of summer 2012 (and some time to come), forget about the many Asus Transformers for a while and check out the Qualcomm Snapdragon Tablet S4 Pro APQ8064 instead. This is a tablet built around Qualcomm’s APQ8064 chipset and is meant for developers of all kinds so they can have a complete high-spec tablet to develop and showcase tomorrows technology from.
With a rear 13MP (1080P 30fps Stereo3D) camera with flash, 7 microphones for FluencePRO & Ultrasound, Snapdragon APQ8064 Application Processor with Asynchronous Quad CPU cores at 1.5GHz each, a 3D/2D user interface with advanced dynamic effects and transitions, this tablet is powerful in every way in the hands of a developer who knows how to make us of this technology.
Perhaps interestingly, with a bit of imagination the specs may also serve as an indicator of some of the technology we will see in tablets, and apps/programs ahed of us.
Currently, the world’s fastest tablet is only available online from Bsquare for the price of $1,299.
Called “Snapdragon S4 Pro APQ8064 MDP/T Mobile Development Platform/Tablet” in full, these are the specs:
• Android 4.0 (ICS)
• APQ8064 with Asynchronous quad Krait CPU cores at up to 1.5GHz each
• Adreno 320 Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
• Wi-Fi 2.5GHz/5GHz, Bluetooth, FM (Rx), GPS
• 10.1” 1366×768 WXGA True Multi-touch capacitive touch screen
• HDMI port
• WVGA 3D/2D capable
• 13MP main camera with fl ash (1080P 30fps)
• 2MP front facing camera
• Stereo3D 1080p HD video
• Surround Sound Stereo Speakers
• 7 microphones support for Fluence Pro and Ultrasound pen & gestures
• 2GB LPDDR2 + 32GB eMMC
• Volume and zoom +/-
• Power ON/OFF
• Screen Rotation Lock Switch
• Home button
• HW Reset (recessed)
• Micro USB type AB
• 3.5mm Audio Jack +ANC contacts
• DC-IN Barrel charger
• Micro SD Card Slot
Connectors accessible via docking station
• Full-size USB type A
• Ethernet 10/100Mbps
• Full-size HDMI  Type A
• DC-IN Charging barrel connector
• 3D Accelerometer
• 3-axis gyro
• 3-axis Compass
• Ambient Light / Proximity Sensor
• Temperature & Pressure Sensor
• Fingerprint reader
• 5200 mAh
Read technical specs concerning Qualcomm’s Snapdragon S4 Chip at Wikipedia.