New information has come forth on the upcoming Super AMOLED tablet Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, after the Wi-Fi version SM-T820 got its FCC files published. After a little digging, I found out that the new Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 will feature AKG sound technology and sport the AKG brand on the back of the tablet.
AKG is an old audio systems company that was bought by Harman in 1994, but as of December 2016, both of these companies are owned by Samsung. And it looks like the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 might be the first Samsung device to sport the AKG brand. A small “Tuned by AKG” inscription can be seen on the back of the tablet in the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 FCC sketches.
Which means that the Samsung Tab S3 should have decent sound quality too then. So that’s interesting. From before we here at Tabletmonkeys have speculated that the rear 13MP camera will record 4K video, so it looks like Samsung is making improvements in many areas on the new AMOLED tablet by taking specs up a notch.
The processor on the SM-T820 model was clocked at 2.15 GHz in the FCC test, and even though that makes it possible to assume that the Wi-Fi model runs the same Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor as the 4G LTE model, it’s not enough information to have it confirmed just yet.
Samsung is holding a Samsung Galaxy press conference at the start of MWC in Barcelona, Spain, on February 26, where the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is expected to be unveiled together with the Samsung Galaxy TabPro S2 and related Galaxy mobile tech.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 news:
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Rumored To Bundle With S Pen – Additional SM-T827 Model Now Wi-Fi Certified Too
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T825) Just Got Its 4G LTE Approved By FCC
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Specs Shows Its Similiarities With Samsung Galaxy S7 Smartphone (4GB RAM, UFS 2.0, 4K Camera)
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Specs Benchmarked Today For SM-T820 And SM-T825 Models (9.7)
– Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 Rumor Of the Week Involves Faster UFS 2.0 Storage
…more on Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
– Tom Bowen