Lenovo, the worlds second largest PC maker surprised the world this week at the Computex technology show by teasing with a previously unannounced and never-before-seen Windows 8 tablet.
So secretive was Lenovo about this Windows 8 slate, that they did not even give it a name, though they did refer to it as a ThinkPad. It was a few weeks later to be known as Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2.
Lenovo did however reveal that this is a Windows 8 tablet co-developed by Lenovo, Intel and Microsoft, that is built upon the new features that Windows 8 brings to tablets, such as the “Always On – Always Connected” (AOAC) smartphone-like technology.
Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2 Specs, lists:
– Windows 8 Professional OS.
– 1.8GHz Atom Clover Trail running CPU.
– A 10.1-inch screen with a 1366×768 resolution.
– It has a 2MP front camera, and a 8MP rear camera with LED flash.
– Battery life will be over 10 hours.
– The tablet will be thinner than 10mm.
– Weighs around 650g.
– Price will be around $599 without docking, and $799 with dock.
And not surprisingly, like so many new tablets coming in 2012, it has docking capabilities that boosts battery life and adds 3 USB 3.0 ports and HDMI ouput.