Dell took the wraps off their new business tablet Dell Latitude 10 today, September 19th.
Click to see if it’s available where you live.
The 10.1-inch Latitude 10 tablet differs from typical consumer tablets by being in the business tablet segment. Both Casio and Fujitsu have recently released new tablets for this segment themselves.
A business tablet is set up differently to provide IT managers in corporations a way of controlling and maintaining the IT security and overall corporate integration that might be necessary in enterprises.
The Windows 8 Pro powered Dell Latitude 10 supports existing Microsoft productivity applications and security options like encryption, which encrypts all data from the hard drive to the USB port, fingerprint reader, and smart card reader for two-factor authentication.
Dell Latitude 10 will be released at the day of the release of Windows 8, on October 26. Dell wrote in a press release that they would announce details on international prices sometime before then.
Dell Latitude 10 Specs
– Display: 10.1″ (1366×768) IPS Wide View Angle LED with Corning Gorilla Glass, 10 Finger Touch, and Optional Wacom Active Stylus.
– OS: Windows 8 Pro.
– CPU: Intel Atom Z2670.
– GPU: 533MHz Intel Graphics Media Accelerator.
– RAM: 2GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM.
– Storage: eMMC up to 128GB.
– Connectivity: WLAN, Bluetooth, and Mobile Broadband Option.
– Ports: USB 2.0, SD memory Card Reader, Headphone Jack/Mic Jack, Micro-USB Charging Port, Mini-HDMI, and Micro-SIM (on WWAN).
– Camera: 720p HD Front Camera, and 8MP Rear Camera with AF and LED Flash.
– Security: Intel Platform Trust Techonolgy, lock slot, optional hardware TPM 1.2, optional Fingerprint Reader and Smart Card Reader (from January), optional Dell Data Protection, Encryption (from January).
– Battery: Option of 2-cell 30WHr, or 4-cell 60WHr Lithium Ion Swappable Battery.
– Power: 30 Watt AC Adapter.
– Docking: Optional Dock with 4 USB 2.0 Ports, Gigabit LAN, HDMI, and Audio Output.
– Weight: 725 gram
– Release Date: October 26 2012.