The much sought after Sony Xperia Tablet Z have finally become available for pre-order in the US. Sony’s release date for the Xperia Tablet Z is set to
May 24. UPDATE: Sony changed the release date in the last minute. New release date is now May 30.
Sony’s latest waterproof tablet is available from Amazon from $499 for the 16 GB version, or $599 for the 32 GB version.
At the same time, its predecessor, the Xperia Tablet S have gone on a limited sale with prices down from $399 to $299. When we reviewed it last year, pretty much the only thing we objected to was its price. So that’s great deal.
But the new Sony Xperia Tablet Z is way better. Not just because of the larger display, better resolution, thinner and lighter design, but all the new hardware and apps that have been utilized here.
See a quick comparison against the Apple iPad 4, Goole Nexus 10, and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
Not convinced yet?
Sony have made a pretty good video for this tablet we think, which is definitely worth a look.
These are the main specs for Xperia Tablet Z
• Android 4.1 Jelly Bean at launch, but later upgradable to Android 4.2
• 10.1” Full HD 1920x1200p Reality Display with Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2
• The world’s thinnest 10.1” tablet at 6.9 mm and lightweight to at 495 grams
• Dust and water resistant (IP55 & IP57) with a durable glass front display
• Built-in universal IR remote control can control Sony and other manufacturers’ consumer electronic devices
• Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5 GHz asynchronous quad-core CPU and 2 GB RAM
• One-Touch connectivity with Near Field Communication (NFC)
• A unique OmniBalance design with subtly rounded edges and smooth reflective surfaces
• 8 MP rear camera featuring Exmor R for Mobile and Superior Auto plus 2MP HD front camera
• Battery STAMINA mode further improves the standby time
• S-Force Front Surround 3D provides realistic surround sound using two speakers
See the design and use of Sony Xperia Tablet Z below, including one Tablet Z used in the bathtub!
– Tom Bowen